If youâve ever been wanting a quinoa recipe that goes with everything, this is it.
Seriously. From sweet, to savory. From breakfast, to dinner. Itâs just plain perfect.
And the best part? It only uses three ingredients!
Thatâs right. THREE.
Coconut milk, quinoa and lime. Plain, simple and absolutely amazing.
Truth be told, Iâve never really cooked quinoa in coconut milk before. I always just use waterÂ (watch my video tutorial!)Â and then flavor it afterwards.
This has opened up a whole new world. Iâve been dreaming of the possibilities since first tasting it. And donât worry, when I do make new variations, you know theyâll be coming your way!
For now, just enjoy this crazy delicious and absurdly easy coconut lime quinoa. Youâre going to love it.
My favorite uses so far:
with black beans and salsa
topped with a fried egg and chopped avocado
served on top of a salad
used as a taco filling
AND eaten 100% as is!
Sound tasty? Share this with your friends!
3-Ingredient Coconut Lime Quinoa
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- 2 cups coconut milk (any variety)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 limes, juice + zest
- Add coconut milk, quinoa and lime juice to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 12 - 15 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat stir and let stand until cool.
- Stir in the zest of both limes and serve either as is or slightly reheated.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Copyright Â© 2010-2014 by Simply Quinoa, All Rights Reserved. This recipe, and the photos associated with this recipe, are the property of Simply Quinoa. Do not duplicate this recipe without written consent by its owner.
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using #SIMPLYQUINOA â I want to see your own quinoa creations!
The post 3-Ingredient Coconut Lime Quinoa appeared first on Simply Quinoa.
Read the original on: