Rich, buttery, tender shortbread cookies dipped in chocolate!
I love shortbread cookies, they are one of my all-time favourites. I remember as a kid, visiting my Nan and Granddad, theyâd always have these in the biscuit tin, and Iâd always be lucky enough to be allowed to pick two out instead of just one
The flavour of these shortbread cookies is just so divine. They are deliciously buttery, and sweet. The cornflourÂ makes them extra tender, and melt-in-your-mouth.Â Perfection.
Shortbread cookies are one of the most popularÂ recipesÂ made at Christmas. Thatâs no surprise, when you can make these into any shape you like, dip them in chocolate, and decorate them with festive sprinkles!
Because butter is the main flavour in these cookies, make sure to pick a good quality butter for best results. Try to use pure vanilla extract, too. These cookies will be gone in no time!
Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies
- 190g plain flour
- 65g cornflour/cornstarch
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- 226g unsalted butter, softened
- 60g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300g milk chocolate (you can use dark, or white chocolate, too!)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a handheld, or stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Gently stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Bring the dough together, then flatten, and wrap in clingfilm. Chill for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/176C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, and leave for 10 minutes to let it soften slightly. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a Â¼" thick circle. Cut out shapes using a lightly floured cookie cutter, and place on the prepared baking tray. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes (this will firm up the dough, so the cookies keep their shape whilst baking). Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate. Microwave on high in 10 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until melted.
- Dip half of a cooled cookie into the melted chocolate, then place on baking paper, and leave to set. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Repeat with all the cookies.
The post Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies appeared first on Marsha's Baking Addiction.
Read the original on:
Marsha's Baking Addiction