Soft and moist chocolate bundt cake stuffed with Oreo chunks, iced and topped with even more Oreos!
This cake is a chocolate and Oreo loverâs dream. The sponge is so moist and melt-in-your-mouth, and the crushed Oreos add a delicious crunch.
This is my favourite chocolate cake recipe. I just love how soft and moist it is, it almost melts in your mouth. The vegetable oil and buttermilk are what makes this cake so moist. They also make the batter beautifully silky, youâll want to dip your finger in and âtaste testâ
TIP: If you canât get hold of buttermilk, make your own! Just add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to a measuring jug, then add 240ml of milk. Leave for 5 minutes, then itâs ready to use!
Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake
1 hour 10 mins
- 12 Oreos, roughly crushed
- 340g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 40g cocoa powder
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 450g caster sugar
- 240ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 240ml buttermilk
For the Glaze
- 300g icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Â½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 4 - 5 Oreos, roughly crushed (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/176C. Spray a 10" bundt pan and dust with cocoa powder, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and beat on high speed until well combined. Add the oil, eggs, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Fold in the Oreo chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean with moist crumbs. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes in the pan on a wire rack before removing. Leave to cool completely before frosting.
For the Glaze
- Whisk together the icing sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over the bundt cake, and sprinkle with Oreo chunks.
TIP: If you can't get hold of buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar into a measuring jug, then pour in the milk. Leave for 5 minutes, then it's ready to use!
The post Chocolate Oreo Bundt Cake appeared first on Marsha's Baking Addiction.
Read the original on:
Marsha's Baking Addiction