Soft and chewy oatmeal cookies are full of tons of dark chocolate chips and a hint of cinnamon â these cookies will be a new favorite in your cookie jar!
What a week it has been so far! I meant to post these cookies for you yesterday morning, but sometimes life gets in the way of the blog. Rude, I know. But no worries, because Iâm sure your Tuesday morning could use a nice dose of gooey chocolate chips â am I right? Specifically, gooey dark chocolate chips coming out of an oatmeal cookie!
Yep, these dark chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are definitely improving my week already! Just looking at a picture of that melty chocolate makes me smile.
These cookies are everything that great chocolate chip oatmeal cookies should be. The texture is super soft and chewy in the center with just a slight crisp at the edges. Brown sugar helps with that chewy texture and also gives the cookies a great flavor. There is a hint of cinnamon in the dough, which I just love in oatmeal cookies! The warm flavor of cinnamon goes so well with oatmeal. Plus I love the flavor of cinnamon and chocolate together. And then instead of plain âol chocolate chips, I used dark chocolate chips. These ones from Ghirardelli are my absolute favorite. They are like mini discs, so they get super melty! Fresh out of the oven, these oatmeal cookies are heavenly! They are also good the next day. And the next, and the next!
Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Soft and chewy oatmeal cookies are full of tons of dark chocolate chips and a hint of cinnamon - these cookies will be a new favorite in your cookie jar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat well. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the oats and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough overnight (or up to 48 hours).
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, about 1.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Â© Chez CateyLou. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
As a self-proclaimed Cookie Monster, I have tons of great cookie recipes for you!
Butterfinger Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
The post Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies appeared first on Chez CateyLou.
Read the original on: