Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum/Tam salad) Thai vegetarian versionThis Green Papaya Salad is also called as Som Tum/Tam salad. Itâs a very popular in all over the world. This is a very easy to make and delicious in taste. It is very crunchy, tangy, spicy and garlicky flavorful. Green Papaya Salad is a beautifully unique and flavor-filled dish that will make a great impression. It is also low-calorie, fat burner, and very nutritious. So try this Thai Som Tum/Tam recipe.
Ingredients:â¢ 1 medium size Green Papaya
â¢ 1 Carrot
â¢ 1 medium sized Tomato
â¢ Â¼ cup chopped Cilantro/Coriander Leaves
â¢ 2-3 Clove Garlic
â¢ 2-3 Thai Green Chili
â¢ 2 tbsp Brown Sugar/Grated Jaggery
â¢ 1 Lemon Juice
â¢ 1 tbsp dark Soya Sauce
â¢ 2 tbsp Roasted Peanuts (Coarsely Crushed)
1. Wash and peel the Papaya, cut into half and then scoop out black seeds.2. Shred the peeled papaya using grater. 3. Take a large bowl, add shredded papaya, sprinkle little salt and keep aside.
4. Peel the carrot and shred it same way as papaya. Chop the tomato into thin slices and then chop coriander.
5. Add shredded carrot, chopped tomato and chopped coriander into shredded Papaya bowl.
6. Take another small mixing bowl, add lemon juice, add sugar and mix well till sugar dissolved.
7. Now using the clay mortar and pastel, pound the green chili and garlic to make a coarse paste.
8. Add this paste in to the lemon-sugar mixture, add salt and mix well.
9. Take the already prepared shredded Papaya bowl, add soya sauce and mix well.
10. Add prepared lemon sugar mixture, crushed peanuts, pound lightly and mix well.
11. Keep in refrigerator for 10-20 minutes.
12. Just before serving, garnish with crushed peanuts.
The post Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum/Tam) appeared first on Binjal's VEG Kitchen.
Read the original on:
Binjal’s Veg Kitchen