Looking for the perfect summer dip to bring to barbecues, pool parties or even just serve on a warm night? Or if youâre planning to have a girlsâ night in and want to serve something flavorful and healthy, Iâve got you covered. This grilled corn and avocado salsa is a cinch to whip up, uses tons of fresh, summery produce and tastes incredible.
And you can use it on everything!
Itâs hard to choose who the star of this show isâ¦the char grilled corn or the buttery avocado, but either way, this is a dip that I know you can use all season long. Weâve been serving it up as an appetizer with organic corn chips, but itâs also a great topping for tacos, nachos or even avocado toast.
In fact, just the other night, I made sweet potato toast for the first time, using that as my base, then a layer of mashed black beans and this salsa on top and it was perfection. So quick, so tasty and even though it was fairly light, I was still surprisingly full and satisfied.
One of the great things about this salsa is that you can actually make it in tandem with the rest of your meal. If youâre whipping up some burgers, making kabobs or anything else on the grill, just toss your ears of corn on when itâs nice and hot, let them get a little charred and then just throw everything together in a bowl.
Iâm guessing there wonât be any leftovers, but if there is, another great way to use this would be to scramble up a few eggs (or tofu) and serve this over top. Filling, healthy and a great way to fuel up for a busy day.
Any go-to dips that you canât seem to live without? Let me know in the comments and Iâll try to find a way to make them a little lighter and more nutritious. And if you end up trying this recipe, donât forget to tag @simplyquinoa or #simplyquinoa on social so I can find your pictures and give them some love!
Grilled Corn + Avocado Salsa
Author: Alyssa Rimmer
Serves: 4 - 6
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- Â¼ - Â½ cup cilantro (depending on taste)
- Juice of 2 limes (or 1 lemon, 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Peel and remove the silk from the corn, then add it to the hot grill and grill for 2 - 3 minutes per side until it's charred and slightly soft.
- While the corn is cooking, dice the tomatoes (I cut them into eighths), onions and avocado, and add them to a large bowl.
- Allow the corn to cool slightly then cut it off the cob and add it to the bowl.
- Finely chop the cilantro, then add that to the bowl along with the citrus juice, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust the salt + pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately with your favorite chips (or on top of tacos, inside burritos, etc...the possibilities are endless!)
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Download Your Free Guide
Want more quinoa dinner recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!
The post Grilled Corn + Avocado Salsa appeared first on Simply Quinoa.
Read the original on: