Anytime tacos are involved you know itâs going to be a good day.
Tacos are one of those things that I get random cravings for. Like Iâll be watching TV and all of a sudden just craveee tacos. So strange I know, but when done right, theyâre just so dang good.
Surprisingly itâs hard to find good, authentic Mexican food in New York City. Weâve tried a ton of different places and the food is always just so-so. And the vegetarian options, especially on the taco side? Very blah.
So Iâve resorted to creating my own veggie tacos and filling them with all the things. Today that means buffalo cauliflower, roasted chickpeas, quinoa and guac. Meatless, healthy, flavorful and better than anything Iâve found on a restaurant menu!
These buffalo cauliflower and quinoa tacos are LEGIT. Iâm not kidding. Theyâre packed with bold flavor, have just a slight spicy kick and theyâre full of plant-based protein. And promise, you wonât even miss the meat.
The combo of cauliflower, chickpeas and quinoa, make the tacos feel more substantial and make them way more filling.
We start out by simply tossing cauliflower florets and chickpeas in buffalo sauce.
Iâve honestly avoided buffalo sauce for the longest time because the options available out there arenât really that healthy. Then I discovered Tessamaeâs, which is a brand that a lot of my other blogger friends have talked about, and guys, Iâm hooked. Canât even tell you how delicious this buffalo sauce is (and no, this is NOT a sponsored post, I just genuinely adore this product). They donât use refined sugar and almost all the ingredient are organic. Itâs also GF + veganâ¦say whaaat!? So awesome.
So we stir the cauli + chickpeas in the buffalo sauce and then just roast them until the cauliflower is nice and brown and the chickpeas are a little crispy. I meanâ¦
^^how good does that look!? I could eat this every day of my life.
Once weâve got the roasted veggies + beans done, itâs time to assemble the tacos.
I wanted to put on a spread the bottom so everything would kind of âstickâ together. Guac was the natural choice. I just mashed up some avocado with a ton of lime juice, sea salt, cracked pepper and garlic powder. Smear it on the bottom of your tortillas, then top with a layer of quinoa (added protein!), the roasted veg mixture and your garnishes.
So friends, donât fear the meatless taco. Itâs tastes good AND itâs good for you. Double whammy. Plus, theyâre crazy simple to make, so they make for a great weeknight meal. (maybe even you next Meatless Monday?)
Whatâs your favorite taco filling? This is the first dinner taco Iâve created in forever (shared a breakfast one recently!) and so now Iâm dreaming up all the other combos I could make. Share your faves in the comments below!
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower + Quinoa Tacos
Author: Alyssa Rimmer
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 3 cups)
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- Â¼ cup vegan buffalo sauce (I'm loving Tessamae's)
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1 lime
- Â½ teaspoon sea salt + cracked pepper
- Â½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Â½ cup cooked quinoa
- 8 corn tortillas (I like the sprouted ones from Food for Life)
- Garnishes: sliced red cabbage, sliced jalapeno
- Preheat the oven to 400ÂºF. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Chop cauliflower in small florets and add to a large bowl. Pour in chickpeas along with the buffalo sauce and toss to combine. Transfer this mixture to the baking sheet and roast for 20 - 25 minutes until cauliflower it starting to brown and chickpeas are starting to crisp up (stir halfway through).
- Allow the veggies to cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Add avocado to a bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Squeeze lime into the bowl and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the avocado sauce on each tortilla. Top each with 2 tablespoons of quinoa and some of the cauli-chickpea mixture. Garnish with desired veggies and enjoy!
Turn it into a salad! The filling also makes a delicious salad topping. Use chopped romaine, the cauli-chickpea mixture, quinoa, diced avocado and finely sliced cabbage. Toss with lime juice and olive oil and enjoy!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Download Your Free Guide
Want more vegetarian recipe ideas?
Follow my board on Pinterest!
The post Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower + Quinoa Tacos appeared first on Simply Quinoa.
Read the original on: